Packet loss / High Latency PING (ANGLAIS)

utilisateur_supprimé
Non applicable

This post will be in English

I would love if some English/French speaker could help me on this one.
Okay so, I just moved in France to an area somewhat close to Paris.
As you can imagine, I don't speak french yet altough I am slowly learning, and I don't know anybody around yet. 

I have recently setup ADSL SFR option at my house since there is no Fiber option even tough they said they have Fiber in 75% of this village and I live in the center but anyways...

I have setup my account on the 26th of July, and after the ligne got activated I have been experiencing extremely slow connection, even connected by Ethernet cable.

I am an avid gamer, and I know ADSL is more than enough to play games, and cannot play at all with this internet.
I have contacted SFR several times trough chat, none of them speak english so we communicate via google translate. I have done all of their tests, and resets, including the one which they make you get a knife and "Spread" the metal thingies on the ADSL splitter, which only made everything worse (I already bought 2 different filters).

Everything is fine with my box and they confirmed its an external problem after chatting with them more than 5 times online.

I have begged several times for them to send me a technician, and when we speak on the phone they don't take into consideration that I am not french speaker and they speak SUPER fast as if I was french. I try to speak as best as I can and no one can help me.

For reference, I travel to USA at work, and I have better ping on west coast hotels, literally the other side of the world, playing on European servers, than at home. This is not normal for me.

Even when the ping is low (60+) I tend to lag a lot so it is probably packet loss as well.

If there is anyone who can help me, please reach out to me here or privately, I already want to close the SFR service as they refuse to solve this issue.

1 RÉPONSE 1
utilisateur_supprimé
Non applicable

Hi @utilisateur_supprimé,

I'm Alexandre, Forum's Community Manager.

I advise you to try other ping profiles. You can find the procedure on this link.

Try to contact the assistance through the tchat again, you may indeed need a technician to resolve this issue.

Have nice day.

Comment gagner des badges

Badges En savoir plus