Connexion Internet Fibre, WiFi

Répondre
Highlighted

Post(s) : 6

Sujet(s) : 1

Fiber DNS slow or not responding

Hi good people of this forum.

Im on my third week having slow and/or not responding DNS.

I have tried chaning the DNS on the router, switched primary and secondary didnt do much.

Tried the public goodle DNS and some other DNS I found out there..

It looks like its probably a bit better in the middle of the night, but when people start web browsing and such, respons drops.. and im back to being fustrated.

I did find a way around it, using a VPN service.. but having +7 phones/laptops/computers and game consoles connected.. require some tacktic.

Do anyone know if SFR is working on this DNS response issue? Are ther any other DNS from SFR to use?

the biggest problem with using a VPN provider is NETFLIX and other streaming services.. the geoblock feature.

-Govertsen

Post(s) : 196

Merci(s) : 21

Réponse(s) acceptée(s) : 4

Article(s) sur le blog : 1

Re: Fiber DNS slow or not responding

Hi @Govertsen,

I'm Yann, Community Manager on this Forum. We are sorry about your situation.

Are-you still encountering issues with you connexion ? What is you box model ? Did you try to reboot your box ?

If the problem continues, you can contact by tchat the Assistance SFR (or by social network Facebook or Twitter) in order to have more informations or an appointement with a technician that could fix your issue.

Have a nice day.

Yann, Community Manager

Une réponse vous a été utile, n'hésitez pas à cliquer sur J'approuve cette réponse

Hello and thank you for responding.

Im am still having this problem. I have the fiber 4k box

@Yann  a écrit :

Hi @Govertsen,

I'm Yann, Community Manager on this Forum. We are sorry about your situation.

Are-you still encountering issues with you connexion ? What is you box model ? Did you try to reboot your box ?

If the problem continues, you can contact by tchat the Assistance SFR (or by social network Facebook or Twitter) in order to have more informations or an appointement with a technician that could fix your issue.

Have a nice day.

what I have tried so far:

multiple restart of the box, and the coaxial/fiber box...

Reset of the box from web interface.

exchanged primary and secondary DNS in the web interface

Tried other DNS, google..

As mentioned..:

I try a web page.. eg: vg.no, cnn.com, bbc.com, mediamarkt.ch.. just to give examples.. pages doesnt load.. 

then I start VPN.. PIA or tunnel bear.. and sjosj... it loads perfectly..

I do not have facebook nor Twitter..but I gues that is my fault htis digitalized age :-)

Post(s) : 196

Merci(s) : 21

Réponse(s) acceptée(s) : 4

Article(s) sur le blog : 1

Hi @Govertsen,

Did you try to make a factory reset on your box ? This Assistance SFR page explain the way to do it.

You can contact the Assistance SFR by tchat if it's still not working. You don't need Facebook or Twitter to use the tchat Smiley clignant de l'œil, only your SFR informations. 

Have a nice day. 

Yann, Community Manager

Une réponse vous a été utile, n'hésitez pas à cliquer sur J'approuve cette réponse

Post(s) : 2

Hi,

I'm wondering if this could be a local infrastructure/ network issue in the Pays de Gex (Ain)?
I do have the same problem for about one month and tried everything without success...
Are you in the same area by any chance?

Best
Envoyé depuis Generic Android 2.0

Yes it might be. Im located in Thoiry.

one month sounds right for me too now.. really fustrating.

Hi, and thank you for your help.

I will try a factory reset.. thats the only thing i havnt done yet Smiley clignant de l'œil

hope to be back online again after it.. hehe.. 

@Yann  a écrit :

Hi @Govertsen,

Did you try to make a factory reset on your box ? This Assistance SFR page explain the way to do it.

You can contact the Assistance SFR by tchat if it's still not working. You don't need Facebook or Twitter to use the tchat Smiley clignant de l'œil, only your SFR informations. 

Have a nice day. 

So, factory reset is now done.. Feels better, but I will not jump sky high yet.. :-) But I will try to update this post tomorrow.. 

Thank you.

@Cofuturing  a écrit :
Hi,

I'm wondering if this could be a local infrastructure/ network issue in the Pays de Gex (Ain)?
I do have the same problem for about one month and tried everything without success...
Are you in the same area by any chance?

Best

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have done a factory reset.. and it "looks" like it might have helped.. I would say its really worth a try..

If you try, then hopefully it solves both ours problem :-)

Post(s) : 1

Hello,

Do you still have the problem ?

I do, for the last month or so. I'm also located in Pays de Gex.

I did a factory reset which did not help.

I mainly see the problem when accessing google news, and following the links on that page.

I also noticed that I cannot ping google DNS 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. But as soon as I connect anywhere else using a VPN, the pings are immediately responded.

For me there's definitely something wrong with the local routing in the area. But mentioning that to 'support' guys on 1023 seems irelevant...

thanks