How to get a 4G+ box?

MikeinFrance
Contributeur en Herbe

Bonjour

After many years of an ADSL connection I was pleased to hear of the Programme Cohesion Numerique to enable clients with poor quality connections to get a faster Internet connection. I live in a "white" area and found the 4g+ box on the SFR website. I clicked on the " chosir" button and the site verified my line. Except it didn't! I said I had no 4g signal in my area. I stood on my patio, looked at the mast on the hill 5km away and tried my portable on 4G. It worked very well with a very strong signal. I have rang the SFR help lines and explained my problem. They tell me I have no coverage here. Ozone.net arrived in our village and has offered us 4G+ boxes under the Cohesion Numerique scheme. Where are they getting their 4G signal from? 

I am puzzled that I live in an area that the Cohesion Numerique scheme was specifically designed to help and yet nothing is available from SFR.

Can anyone suggest a solution other than moving to Ozone net?

Just completed a speedtest using my mobile phone. 4g download speed exterior 113mbps, upload 25,9mbps. Interior download 74,7mbps upload 5,97mbps. Using monreseaumobile site I see the emetter 4g is SFR and the site judges me to be in a good reception area. Suely I can have a box to try?

Edit CM : Votre sujet a été déplacé car il n'était pas dans la bonne catégorie. Vous recevrez bientôt une réponse de la Communauté. N’oubliez pas de vous ré-abonner à cette conversation pour être notifié des réponses qui vous seront apportées ! Bonne journée !

18 RÉPONSES 18
Yann
Community Manager SFR

Bonjour @MikeinFrance,

On the Forum SFR, there are no members of the Customer Service, we can not access your customer file to check your eligibility criteria.

Do you have an ADSL subscription ?

Have a nice day.

Yann, Community Manager

Un mot inconnu ? Rendez-vous sur le Lexique de la Communauté SFR !

MikeinFrance
Contributeur en Herbe
Thanks for replying Yann.
MikeinFrance
Contributeur en Herbe
Since I posted our NB6box has failed. Atechnician has been to test it and we are waiting for the results. I just wonder what criteria sfr use to determine if I am eligible for a 4 g box.Is it done by distance from the emitteur, signal strength or what?
Yann
Community Manager SFR

Hi @MikeinFrance

thanks for replying. 

Eligibility criteria for 4G Box are these :

• be ineligible for Very High Speed ​​(THD),
  • have an ADSL speed less than 10 Megabits / second,
  • have sufficient 4G coverage.
  • Saturated areas, which are dense in connected equipment, are excluded.

Have a nice day.

Yann, Community Manager

MikeinFrance
Contributeur en Herbe

Thanks Yann

I can say Yes to each of those criteria. However, when I rang SFR they told me I didnt have sufficient coverage; I went to the local SFR Boutique this morning and she told me that my village Rouede didnt have sufficient cover

I am getting 4G readings on my phone which say the opposite

Ouside my house I get

Download speeds of  131,0 mb/s, 74,7mb/s, 92,2mb/s

Upload speeds of 25,9mb/s, 5,96mb/s, 28,0mb/s

Inside my house

Download speeds of 66,6mb/s, 37,1mb/s 28,0/mb/s

I have a clear ¨line of sight¨  of the emitteur.

How do I get the technical staff to take notice of this rather than making a general decision about my village.

Can I get someone to come and take their own readings or give me the Box to see for myself; If it doesnt work then I can take the box back. After all part of the offer is the ability to return the box after a week if I am not satisfied.

Thanks Mike

Yann
Community Manager SFR

Hi @MikeinFrance,

Thanks for replying. 
What is your upload/download speed for your ADSL connection ? 

Have a nice day. 

Yann, Community Manager

MikeinFrance
Contributeur en Herbe
The download speed was around 0,34mb/s and the upload 0,2mb/s. the box itself seemed tobe faulty but the technician found a speed of 5mb/s in the cable outside the house.Still below the target of 8 mb/s
Yann
Community Manager SFR

Hi @MikeinFrance,

Sorry for that, but i don't know why you are ineligible to 4G Box. It seems you check all criterias. Can you do the eligibility test on this page please ?

Have a nice day.

Yann, Community Manager

MikeinFrance
Contributeur en Herbe

Hi Yann Thanks for your help;

I clicked on the link on your message page and tried to test the eligability;

I got as far as clicking on the Changer d offre button, but the site gave me a HTTP 500 error;

Mike

Comment gagner des badges

Badges En savoir plus